About Lee University
Lee University is a private, comprehensive university located in Cleveland, TN, in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Lee is emerging as a leader in higher education in the southeastern region and was ranked in 2011 in the “Top Tier” in the South by U.S. News & World report (Comprehensive Medium-Size Universities). Lee is also ranked by Princeton Review’s “Best Colleges” and is now one of the 141 colleges named Best in the Southeast.
Over the past two decades, Lee has become one of the largest Christ-centered private institutions in Tennessee and the largest in the Appalachian College Association. During that period, the university has undergone a remarkable transformation that has included significant growth in academic programs, student enrollment, faculty expertise, and diversity, as well as an expanded sense of mission and vision.
Lee University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and education specialist degrees.
Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033, or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lee University.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Certification in Education for Public Relations (CEPR)
- American Council on Education
- Council of Christian Colleges & Universities
- Appalachian College Association
- Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities
- Council for Independent Colleges (CIC)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)